Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Last time smelling the flowers...

For those of you who do not know, the previous homeowners left their cat behind when they moved. This fall he has started losing weight and his belly has filled with fluid. I took him to the vet about two weeks ago and she said he has a large tumor and tons of fluid. She only gave him about a month to live. He was purring and very happy, so we assumed he was not in pain and she advised against putting him down at that time. He is growing more and more fragile, he is pretty much skin and bones. I just hope he's not in too much pain. I think we will have to put him down soon. He came out to "smell" the flowers with me while I was taking pictures. I'll miss him following me around the yard and I work on my flower beds.



You can see how big his belly is in this picture.



Here is Goose last spring before he started losing weight. He always crossed his legs when laying down. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment