I love the long growing season down here in NC. It is so much different than the weather I was used to growing up in Wisconsin. I still have flowers blooming in my yard. I'm quite sure that will change following the past few days turn to much colder weather. We have had some hard frosts. I went out this morning just before 9 to take some pictures of my flowers with frost on them. Some of them turned out pretty.
The Last Rose
The frost almost looks like glitter on the petals.
I'm sure the flowers are pretty much done after this frost. I guess only time will tell. I can't wait for next spring! The weekend before Thanksgiving, I planted thousands of daffodils in my front yard, along the roadside. It should be quite the show for many years to come! I planted well over 100 varieties of daffodils. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment