Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Cleaning Yard Work

It was gorgeous last week, so I was outside from morning until dark getting all muddy working in the yard for a few days. I finally got my last perennials trimmed back from last year. I've started the daunting task of mulching in my yard! I think I did about 15 wheelbarrow loads one day. My camellia bed and azalea bed look great though! Tons of daffodils are popping up all over the place! I dug up the ones around the big oak stump and there were about 100 or more...I was transplanting them in the rain on Thursday! I love spring!!!! It was warm and I didn't even care that I was getting rained on. I ended up transplanting daffodils by the chicken fence, so they will enjoy them next spring. :-) They may not, but I will!
A few of the daffodils that are blooming now. :-)
A little over a week ago, my friend Elizabeth came over and we "raided" my neighbor's yard, with her permission of course! I got a wheelbarrow full of irises and she wants me to take more. I also transplanted forsithia bushes, a beauty berry bush, a holly bush, and two Japanese snowball trees.  I can't wait for everything to bloom! I planted most of it around the edge of the woods. I'm trying to "paint" the woods to add color through the seasons.
The chickens have been enjoying me being outside planting things, because my neighbor gave me a great idea. She said they look bored, because they have cleaned their fenced yard of all things green. I have dug up bucket loads of grass and weeds and they have had a great time eating and playing with the clumps.
I also planted two mini roses in my rose garden and two climbing roses next to my garden fence last week. I've decorated my garden shed this spring and got my birdhouse hung up. I checked on it today and so far no one has taken up residence there. Hopefully someone will, it's quite the cute house!


1 comment:

  1. You sound like you really have a green thumb! I wish that I was a gardener like you~ Most things in my yard are brown because I kill most everything! So glad that you are enjoying this spring weather though!

    ReplyDelete